This week's reveal isn't going to be nearly as exciting as last week's, I'll spare you the suspense.

However, we finally made the last big decision for the bathroom: we're not ripping out the shower. Instead, we've decided to go ahead and have it reglazed. We figured we'd also reglaze the guest tub/shower while we were at it. It's going to run us around $1200 for both rooms, but that's a whole lot cheaper than demolishing and rebuilding a new fancy shower.

The tile is pretty new and in good condition, so a nice glossy white coat will make us happy.



Of course, we'll be replacing the fixtures with some updated oil rubbed bronze ones so it matches the rest of the bathroom. We've got more important things to save for, so I think it was a decision well made.

Now that that's out of the way... I have a handle update.

We knew we didn't want handles in a finish that didn't match the ORB, but black handles on a black vanity were just too much... so it was time to think outside of the box. Since I wanted to incorporate somewhat of a nautical/oceany feel, I immediately thought of rope. I love those little rope knot pulls that can double as door pulls...



 However, our doors have two holes for screws so that wasn't going to work. I had to get creative.

First, I ordered a set of standard stainless steel handles, and spray painted them ORB:



Then, I grabbed some twine and hot glue....


And got to work.



Until I had seven of these:




Here they are installed:



To be honest.. I'm not sure how I feel about them. I like how they match the baskets underneath. But I think they are just a bit... too much. Brad isn't a fan either. I have a Plan B in mind though, which I'll try to get to this week.


Moving along... I had my best Michael's experience ever today.

I was dreaming about what to put in this cubby hole to store necessities (toothbrushes, toothpaste, q-tips, etc)...



After giving it a lot of thought, I decided I needed the perfect size square white ceramic vases. Three of them (two on the bottom, and one on top on a shelf we would build). I spent forever googling to no avail and started thinking of what I'd have to settle for.

And then.... today... I walked into Michaels, and came face to face with these:



The white ceramic Gods have answered my prayers! These could not have been more perfect. They are the *exact* size, down to the millimeter, that I need, there's THREE of them, and they were on sale! $15 for the trio. I've never been so lucky.

Soon we'll install that shelf and the cubby hole will be complete. And so will my life.


Switching gears for a minute....

I have my very first art show on Dec 1st. Then I have 2 more that same week. That means it's time to get down to business and build myself a booth.

I won't go too much into detail, but this setup has required a lot of thought and research. Today we finally started putting it all together. Here's what the skeleton looks like:


Try to ignore all the mess in the background. We secured PVC into cement, built this 9 foot tall contraption from which my prints will hang, and secured it into two 4' tables.

I picked up these crates from Michaels at $13/ea...



Which will store my prints. I'll end up painting them white I'm sure.

I still need to pick out some fun fabric to drape over the table... and then of course finish all the prep work that goes into this. A new and exciting project... can't wait to see how it turns out!

Oh, and while we were in Home Depot picking up the pvc pipe... Brad decided we needed these:



Truthfully... we didn't need them. But they were on sale, and they were shiny, and I guess Brad couldn't resist. They were on sale for $599 each with free delivery, plus we had a 10% off coupon, making our grand total $1100.

Today we sold these guys for $200 for the set:



So we're basically out $900 for a brand new steam washer/dryer set. Not too shabby!


The bathroom refinishers are coming Wednesday, so our bathroom will be 95% done by Thanksgiving (almost made our goal!) Just have to add the finishing touches, and then I'll be back with the full reveal :)


I'm also working on a fun little project in the meantime.... here's a hint:



I'll post as soon as its finished :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top