We've been working non stop over the past few weeks on this room, starting from the biggest & most boring jobs—like a new ceiling and insulation, lighting, wiring, painting, and flooring.

That's all finally out of the way, and I'm thrilled to say that the room is starting to feel like the perfect loungy sunroom I've always wanted.

Last week I had just finished painting the ceiling and the tile was about to go in. On Monday, the tile installers came and gave us this gorgeousness:




It's just like I had imagined.

If anyone is curious, this is the brand of tile:



We also installed a more modern simple white fan for some much needed circulation:


You'll also notice that the curtain rods are no longer black, and you can hardly tell they are there (success!)

Next comes the fun part...

We spent most of our Thursday night building these Ikea Brimnes daybeds:

Oy.. not fun.


4 hours later....



But, oh... it was so worth it...


I wanted a pop of color in the bedding, so I found the perfect color pale aqua quilts (they match the ceiling!) from Home Goods, $40/ea:


Then I made a Target run and picked up almost $200 worth of pillows, sheet sets, a couple pillow covers and some other accessories...



I found this table on clearance and fell in love:

(PS, contrary to what everyone believes on Pinterest... this is and always was a side table, not a trash can! And it was purchased at Target which apparently no longer sells them)



Half off!


If you know me at all, you know this is not going to stay black. It's currently in the spray chamber getting primered:


The plan is to paint it a deep turquoise blue. I found the perfect color in a spray can at Lowe's (Valspar brand in Exotic Sea), but they were out of stock so I'll have to run back for it tomorrow.

And these lanterns stole my heart...


No, they weren't on sale (sigh), but for $20 for the pair... I couldn't say no (dang you, Target).


Next, I stole some art from our bedroom...


And relocated it to one of the 2 empty walls in the sunroom:


On another note—this chair situation has been my biggest stress factor in this entire room project. I've been lobbying to replace it with a fun patterned slipper chair (or something just a bit more modern), but Brad *really* loves how comfortable it is and wants to keep it.

In an effort to compromise, I've been shopping around for a comfy arm chair that is more in line with the look I want... but dude, chairs are expensive. As in, over $500 for anything that would come close to what we need (we got the current chair on Craigslist for $40 in LA)

Anyway... considering I have to write a 20k check to Uncle Sam tomorrow, a new chair is out of the question. So tell me if I've completely lost my mind here, but I'm going to attempt to slipcover it. Without a sewing machine or any knowledge of sewing... I'll be using stitch witchery instead. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you have any advice, please, I need all the help I can get.


Moving on.... here is the current state of our sunroom, 2 weeks before the grand finale:


Yes, it is as relaxing as it looks. The weather has been heavenly, and we've been keeping the windows open and just camping out in this room for the past few days, enjoying the warm sunshine and the breeze. Brad didn't agree with my "beds as a couch" vision at first, but now I have to pull him out of there to come to bed.

The pillows are all mostly bare right now, but that will be fixed soon. I found an amazing shop on Etsy and I'm excited to share with you all the fun pillow patterns I've picked out.

Notice anything else new?



Yep.. it's a coffee table. I built it a few hours ago.



It was honestly one of the easiest things I've ever built. Didn't even need Brad's help. I'll post a tutorial soon.

Here is the Sunroom To-Do list before the April 28th Pool Party deadline...

-Get pillow covers
-Build console table
-More accessories
-Hang more art
-Slipcover chair
-Paint metal side table
-Hang curtains

There are also a few other misc. things that need to be completed by then, like

-Replace our winter wreath with a spring/summer one
-Frame & hang new art in our master bedroom
-Find (or make?) a round mirror for our fireplace mantle
-Wire up our new patio speakers
-Lose 5lbs :)


And with that... I'm off to crawl back in there and enjoy another warm Florida spring evening. I hope the weather is treating everyone else as nicely... stay tuned for a coffee table tutorial!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top