I've been keeping a little secret for six months...

Our house is going to be in these magazines!


Yes, that's two different Better Homes & Garden's special interest magazines! I was just as surprised as you are.




I'm actually no stranger to these particular mags—remember our Florida master bathroom makeover? It was featured in the Real Life Kitchens & Baths magazine (back when it was under that title, they've since changed the name to Kitchen + Bath Makeovers):


And my Paris city map print was featured a few months ago in Do It Yourself magazine:


When the editor of DIY mag saw my kitchen, she pitched it to her team and they decided to shoot a full house tour! Only problem was... we hadn't even touched any other rooms, aside from my studio. This explains (a little bit) why we've been so busy! Just in the past year we've been able to complete our kitchen...


Foyer...


Studio...



Master bedroom...


Deck...



And living room... which is actually only 95% done and the shoot starts the day after tomorrow, so uh... I better get on that...


Those are the rooms they are shooting for the spread in Do It Yourself Magazine. They're shooting a third day just for Kitchen + Bath Makeovers, so it will be a very exciting few days!

Just to clarify, we didn't remodel our house for the shoot. It would have been done regardless, exactly the way it is now—only maybe not quite as fast. So you can thank them for my more frequent than usual posting schedule ;)

As you can imagine, we've been scrambling to get everything done around here. We could barely walk through our mess of a living room 2 days ago...


I still have to un-decorate for fall and re-decorate for summer (since the issue will be released sometime in spring/summer 2015). But I have an amazing stylist who has been shipping Target packages to me all week (sadly, I can't keep any of them!) and it's so interesting to see their new ideas for our home.

It's not all fun and games though... we've also been dealing with the maintenance side of things... like touching up all of our bleeding pine knots...



These things are pure EVIL, I tell you. It's our third attempt to cover them and this time we used the PVA primer that the painters suggested and used on our living room ceiling. We spent all night Tuesday priming and by Weds some knots were already peeking through, so I am not optimistic. I'm currently covered in dried paint after repainting the entire kitchen ceiling & wall, living room wall, foyer, and window sills last night.

Today will be spent wiping every baseboard, removing every cobweb, dusting every crack and crevice, window cleaning, mopping, laundering... etc etc.

The stylist arrives tomorrow and photographer on Sunday, with shooting lasting Sunday through Tuesday. This might be the most exciting thing to happen to us all year.

I'll be back Weds or Thursday with a recap of the shoot, but I fully expect to be over-gramming the entire experience, so make sure to stalk my Instagram for real time behind the scenes action! Oh, and I must wait until later to share my latest DIY furniture project... sorry for the suspense ;)




 
Top